Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Food Catering List

Okay I've got everything done for the party, including adding some last minute things to the catering list and taking a few things off, like there won't be any spinach and artichoke dip with the cute bread bowl. LOL. Nor will there be any "bag of salad" that I always love to "make" cuz it's so quick and easy. So since I had to take the spinach stuff off I added an Eggplant Parmesan to the list. Okay so here is the menu thus far:

Beef Tenderloin


Poached Salmon



Eggplant Parmesan




Fruit and Cheese Platter




Red Potates and Arugula and Endive salad (that I'm making). I saw the salad on the Martha Stewart show last week and thought it was the simplest thing.







Of course there is the wine and sparkle wine and sparkle water and juice. Very simple and elegant I think. I'm using Whole Foods catering department cuz I've used them before and it's no fuss and you can order anything you want as short as 2 days before your event. And they are cheap! Plus they have loads of snacks and other things that you can order from them. The only thing I have to do is make the red potatoes and I'm keeping that simple and do the salad. And I'm done. I hate stressing at a party that I'm suppose to be enjoying and can't relax cuz I'm cuttin, choppin, cooking and what not. Who wants to be stuck in the dayum kitchen all day? I want to eat, drink and be merry along with my guests. LOL

Okay now the last thing will be is to take pics of the food and cakes when I get it and see how good it looks and tastes then, huh? Well now babies are lurking around trying to eat food so I guess I'd better get busy and feed them.

Much Love and many hugs - Lady Richardson




3 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A party planner after my own heart! It's all about being as stress free as possible. I love Whole Foods catering as well, the party is going to be divine :) Be sure to get lots of pics

     
  • At 11:54 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Aly Cat 121 said…

    Ms. Yolanda you feel me. Cuz altho I love planning parties it is easy to stress out, especially when you have to do ALL the cookin and cleaning AND entertain folks! NOT. LOL. Yeah Whole Foods is the best, I do all my parties and small gatherings with them.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    once i figured out that catering was an acceptable way to host my life got a whole lot easier.

    i'm still old fashioned and like to cook for peeps but sometimes you gotta just take care of the other details.

    whole food huh? i might have to hit them up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home